3003 N Hwy 94, St. Charles, Mo. 63301
314-640-3100 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Mon - Fri 4:00p till 9:00p
Sat - Appointment Only
Sun - Appointment Only
We will stay open late as needed!
DTJ Sports Academy
5. Team Training: DTJ offers team packages, as low as $120/hour (80x75 infield which includes a 60' sliding cage, and one additional cage), for winter training for your team. Contact us today to reserve your team training times.
1. Youth Feeder Lesson Program. We evaluate younger athletes and put them into our youth training program ran by owner Andy Schimpf and 7 high level high school players. We currently have roughly 130 young athletes in this program. The goal of the program is to square away some basic mechanics of hitting, pitching, and defensive play as well as evaluate the athlete AND the parents for level of commitment before recommending training with one of our certified Instructors. The concept has had amazing success and continues to grow so call today…..read more.
Welcome to DTJ Sports Academy in St. Charles, Mo. At DTJ, we believe the benefits of playing team sports such as baseball and softball greatly transcend the value of the sports themselves. As we all strive to develop our children into good athletes and well rounded responsible adults the intangibles derived from team sports become more clear and more important. These intangibles include teamwork, perseverance, effort, passion, drive, accomplishment, communication, ability to follow direction, and development of strong social skills. Ask a potential employer if they would trade a few tenths of a point on an applicant’s GPA for these intangibles and they will not hesitate to say “yes”. At DTJ we understand that the important thing is to instill in our young athletes a sense of pride in doing the very best they can do and becoming the very best they can become. Good is always the enemy of Great. Achieving greatness is not about the measure of the output in comparison with others, but rather the measure of the input with comparison of your very best. When these young athletes put their very top effort into everything they do, on and off the field, they have achieved that greatness and the output results will take care of themselves. At DTJ Sports Academy we have crafted an opportunity to develop young athletes into complete players. We stress that this is an investment in time for both the athlete, the instructors, AND the parents. If you invest in the stock market on Monday and check it on Friday you will assuredly be disappointed if you are expecting major improvements. In similar fashion the development of a complete high level player takes years of hard work, dedication, commitment to proper training, and instructors who not only teach the mechanics but motivate to excellence. Our goal for your young athletes is to see success at little league, church ball, and other recreational leagues…followed by success at the club/select team level…concurrent success at the High School Varsity level…college tuition reimbursement thru baseball/softball programs…and ultimately successful careers and lives in whatever walk they choose. Athletes with thepassion and drive can accomplish this goal.
6. College Exposure: Through partnership with STL Sports Productions, we offer college exposure videos to aid in contacting college coaches and securing tuition reimbursement…read more.
3. Fielding Drills: We offer weekly 1-hour sessions for fielding drills, Monday-Thursdays dependent on skill level, where we work on fundamentals, teamwork, and repetition. Does not require a reserved spot; if we have fewer athletes we work on fundamentals and if we have more we work on fundamentals and situational drills. “You have to field a 1000 grounders a week to really get better”….read more.
DTJ Sports Academy
4. Fitness and Nutrition: We have a physical therapist partner who
specializes in fitness/conditioning, injury prevention, and nutrition. She
offers weekly classes in Strength/Conditioning/Speed/Agility as well as
group/individual counseling on injury prevention, nutrition and overall
physical fitness...read more.
THE DTJ FORMULA...
2. Hitting/Pitching Lessons. We have numerous certified instructors that offer many options in times/days for individual training in hitting and pitching. We have lessons every night of the week and on weekends, including slapping/bunting instruction for Fastpitch players. The training is intense and athletes are expected to attend lessons weekly…read more!
DTJ Sports Academy has re-opened following the closure due to COVID-19. At this time, in order to keep our occupancy below 25% of our maximum, on Mon-Thu we are only having our private lessons. On Friday evenings, and Saturday/Sunday we will book teams, first preference to those who lost practicves over the winter. Team will be booked , on at a time, with 30 min between to allow transition with minimum contact.